2009年11月14日 星期六

What sorts of things did you do differently?

source:http://gigaom.com/2008/04/17/pixars-brad-bird-on-fostering-innovation/

Lesson Two: Perfect is the Enemy of Innovation

The Quarterly: What sorts of things did you do differently?
Brad Bird: I had to shake the purist out of them—essentially frighten them into realizing I was ready to use quick and dirty “cheats” to get something on screen… I’d say, “Look, I don’t have to do the water through a computer simulation program… I’m perfectly content to film a splash in a swimming pool and just composite the water in.” I never did film the pool splash [but] talking this way helped everyone understand that we didn’t have to make something that would work from every angle. Not all shots are created equal. Certain shots need to be perfect, others need to be very good, and there are some that only need to be good enough to not break the spell.


第二季刊,完美是創新的敵人。

你做了那一類(A類)的事讓你有變化?
我曾經用那一類(A類)事情動搖了這些有修辭癖的學家,我會嚇唬那些有修辭癖的學家,不論用任何手段,去驚嚇那些學家直到在螢幕上出現該有的東西,看!我不一定要經過電腦模擬的計劃去做水,我非常的滿足的在一個水花,僅僅只是一個水進入泳池濺起的水花,我從來沒有拍攝過,在泳池裡水花的飛濺,但是談論這種方法,大家都明白,我們沒有必須去做任何角度拍攝的工作,不是所有的鏡頭都是一樣的,某些鏡頭需要拍的完美,其他的鏡頭不要太over就好。





沒有留言:

張貼留言